Metacognis Limited SRL
Type of employment
temporary / seasonal employment
Foreign language: English
Metacognis is a start-up aiming to reform the way science is communicated and performed. In partnership with the Francis Crick Institute (London, UK) we are developing an online platform, Heron, which makes the navigation and standardization of scientific literature possible.
A successful applicant will have a chance to work in a team of highly motivated engineers and scientists with expertise in AI, software development, biomedicine and engineering and have a meaningful impact on biomedicine and scientific research.
The AI developer will be responsible for concepting, creating and testing models for automatic data extraction from raw text. The AI team will closely collaborate with the back-end team.
This is a remote working opportunity, mainly e-communicating with the core team located in the UK. Travel to the UK will not be required.
Key experience and competencies
The post holder should embody our core values: bold, imaginative, open, dynamic and collegial, in addition to the following:
Essential skills & experience
• Experienced in Pytorch and/or Tensorflow • Experienced in building and training deep neural networks
• Fluent in Python
• Comfortable using source control (Git)
• Pro-active attitude
• Able to work in a small dynamic team
• Able to progress independently and taking responsibility
Desired skills & experience
• Familiarity with word ontologies and NLP
• Experience using language models (Bert, GPT-2/3)